I’ve used InstaCollage all throughout my iOS days of creating picture and photo collages for my Instagram posts as far as I can remember, and Instagram finally realizes they need to create one just now? Yesterday, Instagram Inc. publicly announced their new app that lets you create collages much like every Tom, Dick and Harry app has been doing since the popularity of Instagram.
Anyway, here’s what iTunes describes the app:
The new app is called Layout and is only available for free on iOS devices. It lets you create fun, one-of-a-kind layouts by remixing your own photos and sharing them with your friends.
Choose photos from your camera roll—or use the built-in Photo Booth to take spur-of-the-moment shots—and instantly see them laid out in various combinations. Pick the layout you like best, then edit it to make it your own.
Layout’s smooth, intuitive process gives you complete creative control. Tap to mirror, flip or replace images, hold and drag to swap them, pinch to zoom in or out, or pull the handles to resize. You’re the editor, so get creative—tell a story, show off an outfit or just splice, dice and change the look of your regular photos to convey a mood or theme.
- Re-mix up to 9 of your photos at a time to create fun, personalized layouts.
- Use the Faces tab to quickly find photos with people in them.
- Capture the moment in Photo Booth mode with quick, spontaneous shots.
- Save your layouts to your camera roll and share them seamlessly to Instagram or other networks.
- Easily see the last 30 photos you’ve selected in the Recents tab.
- Pair your layouts with Instagram’s filters and creative tools afterwards to make them stand out even more.
- Download and start creating immediately. No signup or account required—and no clutter breaking up your flow.
CLICK HERE to download Layout from Instagram.
Images from Layout from Instagram via iTunes.
50% OFF on ALL PREMIUM WORDPRESS THEMES! Just use COUPON CODE = raffys50off